I painted them on stirring sticks attached with some blue/sticky tack.
Check out the shoes on these fellas!
After painting was finished it was time to base them. I used Liquitex resin sand with paint added into the mix over Battlefront medium size bases. I want the militia quality troops to be visible based on 4 miniatures per base, the regulars will have 3 per stand, and the elites will be 2 per stand.
I did score the bases, not sure if it was necessary.
Ready for the resin sand.
I used a color scheme I got from the Baron at http://baronvonj.blogspot.com/. These lads are so dark that I went with high contrast basing, attempting to make the 15mm figs stand out.
The long, tedious process ...
And the final finished product. I used Siflor Buffalo Grass Tufts to finish out the basing. I sealed them with Krylon Matte and Testors Dullcote
Free elections this way!
I attempted to make the militia look dressed in a mix of fatigues and random civilian clothes. Note the jersey, trucker hats, etc.
A John Deere hat here, must have been a donation from a church group.
The guy in the shades is on a walkie or a huge phone.
And here is a final group shot.
I am going to take pictures of the technicals I have been working on along with the boy soldiers and post them next week. I am currently working on the elites.